About the Guild
The Chester Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers, founded in 1887, is one of many territorial associations throughout the UK and is responsible for all aspects of church bell ringing in this area in which may be found some 114 Towers (churches with bells hung for change ringing). Its aims and objectives are more precisely defined in its Constitution and Rules which can be viewed from the ‘General’ section of this website.
The Guild, which is affiliated to the Central Council of Church Bell Ringers, is divided into five branches: Chester, East Cheshire, Mid Cheshire, South Cheshire, Wirral. Most of the activities are managed at Branch level, each Branch having its own officers and organising regular meetings and practices.
The content of this website is not confined to matters concerning the whole Guild and includes activities and news from all the Branches.
Pictured is the Dean Addleshaw Tower in the grounds of Chester Cathedral, which also serves as the Headquarters of the Guild.