Guidance from Central Council: June 2019
Central Council has prepared a set of guidance on safeguarding which is available here: https://cccbr.org.uk/resources/stewardship-and-management/ (select the Tower Operation tab).
- Safeguarding guidance including 3 appendices
- Safeguarding Guidance (without appendices)
- Appendix A – Role description for a bell ringing leader
- Appendix B – Role description for a safeguarding officer in a society
- Appendix C – Good practice guide for display in towers
Appendix A is a sample role description for completion for a bell ringing leader, Appendix B is a sample role description for completion for a safeguarding officer of a society, Appendix C is a good practice guide for display in your tower.
Please note the following from the guidance – “Most ringing towers come under the jurisdiction of the Church of England, Church in Wales and Scottish churches all of which have common requirements. The UK legal requirements extend to other denominations and secular rings, whilst churches and ringing establishments outside the UK will be subject to local laws. In all cases ringers should maintain good practice principles whenever dealing with young and vulnerable persons.”