The fine 1923 Gillett and Johnston bells of Glossop All Saints Parish Church in Old Glossop, have recently undergone refurbishment by TLB Services. The 1830’s wooden frame, thought to be a Harrison frame, has been preserved with structural galvanised steel support reducing movement of frame and spire.
The refurbishment has been carried out with funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund with support from the local community of Glossop and volunteers to ensure the bells can be rung in time for local 2018 Ringing Remembers and Armistice 100 commemorations.
The Glossop Ringing Remembers tributes begin Saturday 1st September with a Memorial Service at 11am on the centenary anniversary of local bell ringer Gunner Maurice Cooper. There will be service ringing beforehand and a Quarter Peal later in the day, the first on the refurbished bells, where local bell ringers will be joined by bell ringers from the Chester Guild and Greater Manchester.